HOW TO WRITE A PROJECT PROPOSAL AND PROPOSAL WRITING FORMAT
A research proposal is an abridged account of what a researcher intends to do and the procedure or methodology he intends to adopt in doing it. The significance of the research proposal is that it enables the researcher to have a clear perspective of what is involved in carrying out the project by preparing the research proposal. The researcher can anticipate the major problems, cost and the practicability of the technique selected for the study.
PROPOSAL WRITING FORMAT
Research proposal writing format can be written in two forms, one is called the simple research proposal, while the other is called the comprehensive research proposal.
Simple Research Proposal; contains the following parts
- The research topic.
- Objective of the study.
- Sources of data.
- Plan for the review of relevant literature.
- Method of field data collection.
- The research instrument to be used for the study.
Comprehensive Research Proposal; contain the following parts
- Title Page
- Tables of Contents
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Background of the Study
- Statement of the Problem
- Objective of the Study
- Research Hypotheses/Research Questions
- Significance of the Study
- Scope/ Delimitation of the Study
- Definition of Important Terms
- Review of Relevant Literature
- Research Approach/Methodology
- Time and Finance Cost Requirements
- List of References/Bibliography