THE PRACTICE OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BREWERY INDUSTRY
(A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN BREWERIES)
COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL COST 3000 NAIRA
Account Name : Chi E-Concept Int’l
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0115939447
Account Name: Chi E-Concept Int’l
Account Name: 3059320631
We also accept : ATM transfer , online money transfer
PAY ONLINE USING YOUR ATM CARD. IT IS SECURED AND RELIABLE.
Call Help Desk Line : 08074466939,08063386834.
After Payment Send Your Payment Details To
08074466939 Or 08063386834, The Project Title You Selected On Our Website , Amount Paid, Depositor Name, Your Email Address, Payment Date. You Will Receive Your Material In Less Than 1 Hour Once We Confirm Your Payment.
WE HAVE SECURITY IN OUR BUSINESS.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
You may also need: web design company in Nigeria
The research is on the practices of corporate social responsibilities in the Brewery industry. (A case study of the Nigerian Breweries Plc Ama Enugu). Primary and secondary data were collected to solve the research problem. Questionnaires were used as research instrument. The population of the study comprised the customers, management and relevant staff of Nigerian Breweries Plc in Enugu metropolis. In order to carry out the work effectively the following objectives were formulated.
- To determine whether Nigerian Breweries Plc Ama socially responsible in its operation.
- To identify whether Nigerian Breweries Plc contribute to social causes.
- To determine whether Nigerian Breweries Plc came about the environment which it operates.
In organizing and presenting the data collected, tables, frequencies and percentages were used while the hypotheses tested with chi – square. Based on this, the researcher recorded the following findings.
Customers in Enugu metropolis indicated that Nigerian Breweries Plc contributes to social causes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Statement of the problem
- Objectives of the study
- Significance of the study
- Scope of the study
- Research hypothesis
- Definition of terms
- THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES IN NIGERIA
2.1 Criticisms of social responsibilities
- What is social responsibility and ethic marketing
- Areas of social responsibility
- Factors affecting social ethical standard
- Company’s profile
3.0 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Source of data collection
- Population of the study
- Determination of sample size
- Sampling techniques
- Research instrument used
- Method of data collection
- Method of analysis
- Limitation of the study
4.0 Data presentation and
- Analysis of data
- Test of hypothesis
5.0 Summary of findings
Marketers should not only think of customers satisfaction as the key to profitability. The marketer operates in an environment. Where several forces are in a state of dynamic tension and these forces must never be under estimated by the marketer. Socially responsible marketing recognizes that the organization is part of a larger society and as a result should be accountable to that larger society for its actions.
Okonkwo (2000:128) noted that social possibilities is the concerted efforts of business operators to initiate, formulate and implement policies and decision concerning the well being of the society by studying how their business actions and inactions affect the numbers of the society and taking corrective measures.
In the view of Adirika, Ebue and Nnolim (2001:29 – 292) some scholars argue that the responsibility of business is to make profit. By doing so, the society benefits and peoples material needs are met. However, other scholars are the opinion that the responsibility of a business is to satisfy the society. Te firm belongs to the people and thus has an obligation to the different section of the society, suppliers, consumers, stock brokers, employees, local community, government and the general public. The social responsibility of business is a logical extension of the societal marketing concept and social marketing. Marketers social responsibilities flow out of their conception of business ethic. Ethics is the study of right or wrong. The conduct of most business people are highly unethical. There are practices such as false or misleading advertisements, overpriced, shoddy goods, bribes to win business, industrial pollution and defective, dangerous and harmful products. Berkowitz et al (1997:110) are of the opinion that social responsibility as meaning that organizations are part of a larger society and are accountable to that society for their actions even though like ethics agreement on the nature and scope of social responsibility is difficult to come by, given the diversity of values present in different societal business and organizational culture.
To Berkowitz et al there are three vasic concept of social responsibility.
- Profit responsibility: It holds that companies have a single responsibility and that is to maximize fit provided they operate within the rules of the game.
Those companies which charge very high prices for new HIV drugs believe so much on this
- Stakeholders responsibility; This is a fallout of criticisms of the profit responsibility. It focuses on the obligation an organization has to those who can affect achievement of its objectives, viz. customers, employees, suppliers and distributor. Many companies have recalled products which they found defective, industrious or harmful, because they felt that inspite or the high cost of such recall, it was in the best interest of the stakeholder to do so and that doing otherwise would have negatively impacted on the image of the product and the companies concerned.
- Societal responsibility: this is a much broader concept of social responsibility and refers to the obligation that organizations have to the preservation of the ecological environment and interest of master marketers (Enligned self interest) to be societally responsible, such companies win the trust, patronage and support of the larger public welfare have led to the formation such international organizations like coreen peace (Berkowitz et al 1997:111 0 112).
The role of business including brewery industry is to act within the frame work established by ethics and by government to satisfy the demands of the public. Guided by this framework, more and more business are becoming increasingly more socially responsible. It is because of the importance of social responsibility in business that the researcher takes a critical look at the practice of corporate social responsibilities in brewery industry with reference to Nigerian brewery industry Ana Enugu.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Many organization including brewery industry pursue the profit objective relentlessly. Some take cognizance of the needs of the customers but most do not as they operate under an environment to their customers.
Many brewery industries are only interested on only those that can help them make profit even at the erthlement the concept of social responsibility require companies to consider the implication of their action within the whole social system and the system hold the company responsible for any damage the company’s action will have any where in that system.
Social responsibility is the responsiveness of a business to the problem and interest of the society. It is carrying out the moral obligation of business to the society most of this brewery companies. It is because of the importance of social responsibility improving customers welfare and improve company’s performance that there searcher take in critical look at the practice of corporate social responsibilities in the brewery industry.